Friday, December 30

Projects

So we survived Christmas (more to come on this - forgot my camera cable so you'll have to wait another day or 2!) and after a lovely 4 day break it's back to the shop. We are open except for the public holidays so come in and see us if you need anything.

Jo came in to see us with her finished quilt. This one is subtle in colour and so spectacular.


And the back is almost as beautiful as the front.


Another gorgeous quilt walked in the door recently (to somebody who shall remain nameless as it's a gift and we cannot give it away). Very different to the last - bright and cheerful with big piecing. Incredibly beautiful!



This quilt presented an interesting question - how many quilters does it take to pick a binding?




In the end it came down to two choices, and finally it was decided that the grey would do the job.
Now... what colour Perle?


It hasn't only been beautiful quilts walking in the door - we've been getting a lot of fabric deliveries with a lot more to come over the coming weeks. These few have really caught my eye. So fun in the greatest colour combos. Lucy will have them on the web soon, or feel free to call the store if you'd like some ($34.50 per meter, linen cotton blend).





And as for me - I have been busy preparing for my departure. I will be off to the Middle East soon with Richard, my husband. There's a lot to do before I take off. Gypsy wife, my next BOM is on the sewing machine getting finished so keep an eye out for that one! 
I am also planning some hand piecing for when I am away. This has been interesting for me as usually I choose fabric as I go, auditioning this with that, and taking things as I need them. Of course I can't do this as I will be on the other side of the world!
What's on the agenda for this quilt? Lots of fussy cutting! I have created some little windows to help me visualize and pick prints - such a great idea for all of you fussy cutters out there.
That's all from me. I hope you have a happy and safe New Year.

2 comments:

Cardygirl said...

Safe travels...love the fussy cutting audition!

Miriam said...

Love the fussy cutting windows.

Happy New Year!