Thursday, December 1

Rockin Robin Round 4

Border 4 by Judy Newman.
Staff Profile:

My earliest memories are connected with fabric and textiles.  I remember a very few things way back, but inevitably what fabric I was wearing.  The blue rose party dress with multiple petticoats and the brown corduroy and tartan Sunday school dress (with matching hat and gloves of course).  I fell in love with Liberty working in the city in the 70’s and would run up the hill during my lunch hour to buy some.  Jobs Warehouse, not too far away, always gave up some memorable treasures. 
At first I dabbled in dressmaking, though without much talent.  It was when my children were very young and I had exhausted every other crafty pursuit that I stumbled upon patchwork and quilting.  It was love at first stitch!  That love continues, working and teaching at Amitie Textiles and designing patterns.  I meet many “can’t thread a needle” women in my classes and watch them go on to make beautiful and colourful quilts. My style I suppose is fairly classic, I love reds and blues with linen and quirky Japanese fabrics.  The most fun to be had I think is playing with all colours and putting them together watching a beautiful quilt emerge.

Favourite food: Chocolate
Drink: Coffee
Colour: Blue
Actor: Matt Damon
Song: Somewhere over the Rainbow (Israel Kamakawiwo’ole’s version)
I am currently reading: Persuasion by Jane Austen
Family Recipe: Greek style roast chicken with lemon
Gadget: My new Pfaff (is there a size limit on gadgets?)
Fabric: Liberty and the new one I see tomorrow!

Recipe:
GREEK CHICKEN WITH LEMON
1 chicken cut into 10 pieces
4 large red onions
2 lemons
Kalamata olives, pitted
Garlic
Olive oil
Sea salt and ground black pepper
Rosemary
couscous


Brown garlic in pan with chicken (skin removed) 
Move to a baking tray.
Peel onions and cut up into large segments
Add a handful of olives
Squeeze over the juice of 1 lemon 
Cut the second lemon into thin wedges and add
Drizzle olive oil and add salt and pepper
Add fresh rosemary

Place into over on 180 and cook for 1 1/2 hours, turning the chicken and onions over from time to time
Serve with couscous.

3 comments:

Andi said...

"Love at first stitch".
I think that might become my new motto!
x

Frogdancer said...

'Persuasion'... love it. That heroine sure has patience!

meli B said...

Love the next border.