Tuesday, November 13

Quilts, quilts and quilts.

I promised a blog post about the quilts on show at Houston Market 2012, but first a little update on the Charity Quilt.

This post is going up a little later than I hoped but life, as always, is chaotic. I made it back to Melbourne after Houston and it seems I was just in time to catch my flight to Abu Dhabi to visit my husband. I'll be spending the time there working on new patterns for Jen Kingwell Designs.

The Charity Quilt has been finished, and looks amazing. Thank you to Jenny Carmichael the Bayside Quilter for quilting it for us, and also to Judy Newman who did the binding.
The center star was done by me but the other blocks were donated by our lovely customers and followers. The blocks were all beautiful. Thank you so, so much for getting behind us and supporting such a great cause.






Information on the charity night where the quilt will be sold in the silent auction below:


Sad to be missing out on such a fantastic night!

Now, quilts from the quilt show. These are just some of the many quilts that were on display in Houston. Please note: None of this is my work. Hopefully I have copied all the right information about each quilt.
Enjoy the show!

Tree of Life, made by Stephanie Adams. Design source: Becky Goldsmith.


Ka-Bloom, made by Linda Neustadt. Design Source: Piece O' Cake

 Springtime in the Garden, made by Mary T. Schneider. Design Source: Australia's very own, Kellie Wulfsohn.


 Hearts and Hands, made by Kelley Cunningham.



Indian Whimsy, designed and made by Deborah Kemball.


The Candy Shop, made by Miyuki Hambaba. Design source: Sundial block.


What's for Breakfast, made by Karen Anderson-Abraham.


Hot and Cold, made by Krista Fleekenstein.


 Typographic Circle, Made by Emily Cier.


Temptation of Stripes, made by Keiko Ohno

Ear of Rice, made by Sachiki Sano



Canon, made by Keiko Hasegawa.

Happy Stitching,
Jen

5 comments:

leesa jhon said...

Your work shows that how much creative you are.just keep it up.

Military Challenge Coins

meli B said...

Brilliant show thanks. Amazing talent.

Marie said...

I wondered if I had missed seeing the charity quilt but I'm so glad that I didn't. It is just beautiful. Well done! And the backing is perfect! And thanks for the quilt show too.

Miriam said...

Beautiful quilts!
I hope the charity quilt raises lots of money.

Susie said...

Amazing! thank you